Displaying items by tag: roofing in lone tree
When your roof becomes damaged, you’ll need to get it fixed with the help of a professional contractor. And who you work with isn’t a decision you should make lightly. It might be tempting to hire the first roofer that pops up in Google, but you’ll thank yourself later for taking the time to vet your options. There’s no shortage of Lone Tree roofing providers near you and each one is different from the last.
But why exactly should you take your time to research at least a few different roofing companies? It’s not just because you want to hire the most reliable roofers at the lowest price possible. There are actually numerous reasons why you need to take the time to vet various roofers. Let’s dive into some of those top reasons.
Avoid Roofing Scams
Over the past decade, it has become increasingly difficult to spot scams and instances of fraud. In fact, the Federal Trade Commission received over 3 million reports of fraud in 2018. And the FTC reported that U.S. consumers lost $1.48 billion to fraud that same year. While those fraud reports include imposter scams, debt collection scams, and auto-related scams, a good portion of them were related to contractors.
Clearly contracting scams are a problem nationwide. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t avoid them by taking the time to thoroughly vet several roofing contractors! In order to avoid Lone Tree roofing contractor scams, you’ll need to watch out for some common “red flags.” These may include:
- Cash-only payments - Nothing is sketchier than a contractor who only accepts cash payments. If you hand over the cash, it’s likely that you’ll never see them again. As a general rule of thumb, make sure your roofing contractor accepts other forms of payment.
- High-pressure sales tactics - Some contractors may try to pressure you to sign a contract on the spot, claiming to offer a special deal or a low rate. But don’t give in to the pressure. Instead, just say you’ll think about it, ask for a copy of the contract, and review the details later.
- Asking for payment upfront - Trustworthy roofers will never ask for an upfront payment before the roofing work has begun. Some contractors may require a partial deposit in their contracts, but it won’t ever be the full amount for the project.
- Soliciting unwanted inspections - Reliable roofing companies typically won’t solicit roofing work by going door-to-door. If you did not schedule an inspection with a contractor and there’s one knocking on your door, you should be wary of their reliability.
Ensure Quality Work
Many homeowners share a general assumption that all roofers will deliver the same quality of work. While that’s an idyllic dream, it is unfortunately far from reality.
There are plenty of contractors out there that deliver shoddy craftsmanship. And there are many others that may leave jobs only partially finished. In fact, a 2018 consumer complaint survey by the Consumer Federation of America found that home improvement was the second-most reported complaint out of 1.1 million reports.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that the contractors on your top-5 list will deliver sub-par craftsmanship. It nevertheless demonstrates the fact that there is some inherent risk in hiring a contractor you haven’t properly vetted.
If you really want to ensure that your Lone Tree roofer will deliver great work, you need to take the time to research them. That means you need to:
- Read through past client testimonials and reviews on sites like the BBB and Google
- Gather accurate estimates from a handful of roofers before signing a contract
- Ask for references from your roofers to verify their craftsmanship
Once you’ve thoroughly vetted your options, you’ll have a clear idea of which roofers to hire for your roofing needs.
Get To Know The Top Lone Tree Roofing Company
If you’re just starting to research various roofers near you, then you’ve come to the right place! Michaels & Marc Restoration has been the top roofing company in the Lone Tree area since 2012, and we aim to keep raising the bar every year.
Our roofing contractors have accumulated decades of experience in the roofing industry and we leverage their extensive knowledge on a daily basis. We always strive to put our best foot forward with all of our roofing services and we aim to deliver the most exceptional craftsmanship. And as we’re locally based in the Lone Tree area, we place great emphasis on our customer service capabilities.
If you’d like to learn more about our roofing services, contact our Lone Tree roofing company today to schedule your FREE roofing consultation.